Willie’s Superbrew – Sales Representative (MA) – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Posting
Willie’s Superbrew is a tough seltzer mixed with real fruit. It’s gluten free and low in carbs and calories, as you would expect from a seltzer, but there is so much more flavor because instead of artificial or ‘natural’ flavors we use real ingredients. We believe people deserve to know what’s in their drinks, that these drinks should be made with real ingredients, and real ingredients taste better.
It all started when a surfer named Nico and a goat herder named Willie met during a game of beach volleyball. Willie shared his ginger ale and they started selling it at Cape Cod Farmers Markets in 2015. Five years later we are a growing team doing all we can to change alcohol! With distribution in New England, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Willie’s Superbrew is quickly becoming one of the largest regional seltzer water players, while consistently gaining a reputation for being the seltzer water the tastiest on the market.
At Willie’s, we take our core values very seriously. All team members must
embrace and embody these values every day. We believe they are the glue
that keeps us all together and allows us to move forward, improve and grow as we go
individuals and as a company:
- Foster growth
- No license
- Have a soul
- Be curious and innovate
- Living responsibly
At Willie’s, sales = relationships. You are a partner rather than a “seller”. As a Willie’s Superbrew Sales Representative, you will have the opportunity to support the growth of your sales territory. You will take direct responsibility for over 100 accounts – including the liquor stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants you see on a weekly or monthly basis. Plus, you’ll have the constant opportunity to discover and research our next perfect partner accounts to work with. You will work closely with our distributor as a partner, managing progress through frequent weekly communications to complement and increase your field efforts. You will control the entire sales process in your market and have a direct impact on the growth of Willie’s Superbrew in that territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with our regional sales manager and distributor partners to establish a successful growth plan for your territory
- Own the entire sales process and account management in your territory to make sure everyone is up to date, excited about the brand, informed about our products and new products, and have our items in stock
- Work closely with our distributor partner to manage the market, secure new sales and identify growth opportunities – update them daily / weekly with your sales activities and work with representatives and brand managers on a weekly basis as partners to maximize sales opportunities and share of minded distributors
- Increase the sales rate through: additional SKU distribution, cooler visibility, displays, marketing materials and other strategic initiatives
- Increase distribution by: identifying and selling to new strategic accounts
- Record daily log entries to maintain an understanding of our current positioning and opportunities for all accounts
- Meet and exceed monthly sales targets for volume and displays
- Conduct tastings and events once a week, and as needed (depending on COVID)
- Perform other assigned tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Previous experience in the sale of alcohol is essential
- Prior sales experience in Eastern MA preferred
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Excellent with people and excellent communication skills
- Gives and receives feedback; supports the development of others
- Ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and wear many hats when needed
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong integrity and concern for your impact
- Passion for the vision of Willie’s Superbrew
- Ready to work hard, learn a lot and have a blast
The work environment described here is representative of the one that an employee encounters in the performance of the essential functions of this position:
- Travel by car is compulsory.
- Duties related to the performance of this work include being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to touch, manipulate or touch objects, tools or controls on a regular basis ; speak, hear and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and / or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and / or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to reach hands and arms frequently and to bend, kneel, squat, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to participate in the critical appraisal of products
- The vision abilities required by this job include near vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel to various industry events by car or plane is required.
- Salary and benefits based on experience
- Mileage reimbursement at $ 0.30 / mi
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Several health care plans offered (via UnitedHealthcare) with a 50% employer contribution for the “Silver” plan
- Dental and vision insurance covered at cost for employees
- Monthly tech repayment
- 401 (k) plan (with corporate correspondence)
- Free Superbrew and one hell of an adventure to change alcohol forever
Please Note: This job description is not final or restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs. As a fast growing startup, we need everyone to wear different hats and do whatever it takes to move this business forward and achieve our goals.