Duke publishes information on alcohol sales
DURHAM – Last month, Duke Athletics announced game day improvements for fans coming to Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium during the 2021 football season.
One of these exciting new features is the sale of alcohol. Fans 21 and older will now have the option to purchase beer, seltzer water and cider at any concession point in the stadium.
Alcohol sales will start 90 minutes before kick-off with the stadium gates opening and stop at the end of the third quarter. If guests are already in line before the clock reaches 12:00 am at the end of the third quarter, they will be allowed to purchase.
With a new state-of-the-art point of sale system, Duke dealerships are now cashless, resulting in reduced wait times at all booths. Dealerships will now accept credit cards and Apple Pay as payment options. For a full list of new Game Day improvements, CLICK HERE.
16 oz Bud Light – $ 8.00
16oz Michelob Ultra – $ 8.00
16oz Stella – $ 10.00
16oz Wicked Weed Pernicious – $ 10.00
16 oz Bold Rock – $ 10.00
16oz Michelob Ultra Seltzer – $ 10.00
Additional information about Duke’s alcohol policies can be found below:
Alcohol policies and additional information:
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in or out of the stadium gates and the Blue Devil Tower – no exceptions.
- All guests consuming alcoholic beverages will be required to show ID regardless of age and will receive a wristband.
- Wristbands are available at every point of sale and at identity checkpoints behind section 3, section 11 and section 21.
- Even with a wristband, guests may be asked to present appropriate identification at the point of sale or any other part of the stadium.
- Maximum two drinks per identification, per transaction.
- Guests may be refused purchase at the discretion of stadium staff.
- The consumption of alcohol by minors is prohibited.
- All guests should be prepared to show appropriate identification to stadium staff, even with a wristband. If proper identification cannot be presented, the guest will be referred to Duke University Police.
- Guests under the age of 21 found in possession of alcohol by stadium staff will be picked up by Duke University Police, expelled from the event and face further penalties. Any Duke student, enrolled or on leave, under the age of 21 found in possession of alcohol by stadium staff will be picked up by Duke University Police, expelled from the event and referred to the Bureau. student conduct and community standards for disciplinary action.
- People who are seen providing alcohol to underage guests will be treated by stadium staff and Duke University police, expelled from the event and potentially face additional penalties. Any Duke student, enrolled or on leave, who is seen providing alcohol to underage guests will be picked up by stadium staff and Duke University Police, expelled from the event and will be referred to Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards for disciplinary action.
- Duke University students found to be in violation of the Duke University Alcohol Policy or any part of the Duke Community Standard face disciplinary action from the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- No refund will be given for confiscated drinks.
Designated Driver Program
- Fans who sign the designated driver pledge at any of the 21+ ID stations in the lobby will receive a discount voucher valid for a complimentary 20-ounce Coca Cola brand soft drink or Dasani water.